This policy covers DCT’s handling of personally identifiable information that you provide to us and that we hold. It sets out how we comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) law which came into effect on 25 May 2018.
DCT is Destiny Church Glasgow and Destiny Church Edinburgh.
WHY DCT COLLECTS PERSONAL DATA AND HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
HOW DCT COLLECTS PERSONAL DATAWhen you first connect with us, we collect your personal data as follows:
We collect personal data from you in order that we can:
• connect you with any church groups or teams you may wish to join and, thereafter, to inform you of Destiny Church Glasgow or Destiny Church Edinburgh (whichever church you gave your details to when you first connected with us) related updates, services, activities, conferences and resources;
• partner with you on your spiritual journey.
We will not use your personal information for any other purpose.
PROCESSING DATAPrinciples relating to the processing of personal data are as follows:Data will be:
- ask for consent;
- if consent is granted, record your personal data which is then submitted to our Database. It is saved only in our Database.
COLLECTING DATAThere are 4 reasons why we may collect personal data:
- processed fairly, lawfully, and in a transparent manner;
- collected only for legitimate purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to meet the need;
- accurate and where necessary – kept up to date;
- held for only as long as is legitimately necessary;
- processed in a manner that protects the data from breach or loss.
When Collecting DataWe will ensure that you understand clearly when providing data:
- Legitimate Interest in data (involvement in church life as well as Pastoral care) – in order for DCT to carry out its tasks – as long as it does not infringe on the person’s other rights.
- Legal contracts – such as a lease agreement / Workplace Contracts.
- Legal obligations to which the controller is subject – Gift Aid Declarations / PVGs.
- why the data is being collected;
- how the data will be used;
- and by whom.
PHOTOGRAPHS AND FILMING
GDPR does not require us to stop taking photographs or filming within the church or at church events because these are considered public places. However, as an individual has the right to privacy as such we ensure that everyone is informed when photography and filming is taking place.
All personal data is held on the Destiny Church Glasgow or Destiny Church Edinburgh (whichever church you gave your details to when you first connected with us) Database which is stored on a secure server.
We take the necessary steps to keep secure all the personal data we hold.
THIRD PARTY SHARING
DCT may share data with Destiny Ministries.
IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT US
Destiny Church Trust (SC017898)
Principal Address: 1120 Pollokshaws Rd, Shawlands, Glasgow, G41 3QP
Tel: 0141 616 6777